[GRASS-user] Euclidean distance (grow.distance) on raster to certain extent?

Tanya Dyck tanya.dyck at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 08:44:29 EDT 2012

Hello,
I am trying to run the grow.distance command to create a raster that displays the euclidean distance from an 'orchard' outward to 1108m.  I am not trying to measure the distance between 2 non-null features, but simply wish to have the euclidean distance extend out from the orchard to 1108m.  I recognize this tool does not allow a distance to be included so I created a buffer around my orchard (1108m) and intended to run grow.distance on that, however it outputs the distance as if it includes the full raster extent (so I have an output raster of 1108m that is all yellow as opposed to a range of values displaying varying distances) and not limited to my buffer. I want it to assume the buffer extent is the raster extent, so to speak.  Is there another way to do this?Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Best,
Tanya