[GRASS-user] opening dbf tables

John Ortiz eljhonjhon at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 12:12:28 EDT 2012

Is your error produced by libreOffice?

I can guess that the problem is because you are trying to open a .dbf file with libreoffice calc, that is the default application in Ubuntu 12.04 to open this sort of files.

To open .dbf files you should use libreoffice base. this application not is included in Ubuntu, you must to install the packages previously.

sudo apt-get install libreoffice-base

I hope this help you..  I had the same problem when I updated my Ubuntu version.

Regards,

John Ortiz
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
Panama