[GRASS-user] GRASS region corruption

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 02:27:18 PDT 2012

spiderplant0 wrote:
> When I launch GRASS, after selecting the mapset I get an error:
> "Unable to get current geographic extent. Force quitting wxGUI..."
> The error started after I tried to set the region using QGIS's region
> setting gui.
> So I guess the region has become corrupted.
> Does anyone know where what file the region is set in? I.e. is there some
> file I can delete to reset it.
>
> I'm on GRASS 6.4.2, Windows 7 64-bit

Try looking in a text file called "WIND" in your mapset directory.
It sets the region WINDow. There should be a DEFAULT_WIND file in that
location's PERMANENT mapset which you can use as a template to replace
the broken WIND file.

Hamish

ps- wouldn't hurt to file a bug with qgis either, with before & after versions of what it did to the WIND file.