[GRASS-user] wxgui, wxpython Pronunciation

bracket at comcast.net bracket at comcast.net
Mon May 28 17:10:04 PDT 2012

Friends,

While learning Grass from the comfort of home, I have never heard anyone say these terms:

wxgui
wxpython
wxwidget

How are people pronouncing these terms?  Do we say the letters "w" "X" Gui.. or do let wx rhyme with "fix"  so that we have wixgui, wixpython and wixwidget?

A trivial question, but one that will help me present the new Modeler to a class of new GIS modelers who are familiar with ESRI's programming environment, but not those available in the open source world.

And while I write, I also ask if anyone has a preferred IDE for working with wxpython/wxgui and grass?

best regards.

Katie Urey
Portland, Oregon