[GRASS-user] Identifying Why Vector Map Lables Do Not Display

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 28 17:38:24 PDT 2012

On Mon, 28 May 2012, Nick Jachowski wrote:

> I've had this problem before and for me it always seemed to be an issue of
> setting the size of labels correctly, which can be tricky sometimes,
> particularly if your location is latlong (if I remember correctly the size
> is in map units, so in that case you need to compute your desired label
> size as degrees).
>
> It's been a while since I've had to do this though, so I'm not 100% certain
> of this, but perhaps it will solve your problem.

Nick,

   It is a reasonable suggestion, but not the solution here. I raised the
label size from the default 8 pixels to 20 pixels, then 40 pixels, but there
was still no display.

   I'm still open to suggestions, recommendations, and solutions.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.          |   Integrity - Credibility - Innovation
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.   |    Helping Ensure Our Clients' Futures