[GRASS-user] Report from ongoing GRASS GIS Community Sprint in Prague

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Wed May 30 00:03:40 PDT 2012

Paolo,

you have not hurt anyone, you were annoying and arrogant, a behaviour
that is virtually absent from this mailing list, and I for my part do
not want to tolerate it. Anyway, continuing the thread this way is
fruitless.

This thread is about the QGIS SEXTANTE plugin. From a QGIS
perspective, it is just that, a plugin for QGIS with backends to a
number of analytical tools. From a GRASS perspective, this is a python
version of SEXTANTE with one binding (QGIS) and including a backend to
GRASS. I would like to see evolve python SEXTANTE into a more generic
python SEXTANTE where it is easy to add more bindings, as in java
SEXTANTE. I would also like to help improve the GRASS backend. In
order to achieve this, I try to get into contact with people who are
actually doing something on python SEXTANTE, i.e. the developers.

Ciao,

Markus