[GRASS-user] Problems compiling Grass 6.4 and Grass addons under MacOS

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed May 30 07:32:36 PDT 2012

This is a problem I've seen before (those headers are in the Xcode installation).  I think Apple's -isysroot SDK flag is a bit broken in Xcode 4.1 (or 4.2? before the app store release) so the system is not looking in the right place.

The new Xcode 4.3 seems to be fixed, though I haven't paid close attention to it.  There are 2 parts now to Xcode - the app and the CLI tools.  Both can be downloaded free (the app was available only from the app store for a while)  You really only need the CLI tools, but it doesn't have the SDKs.

The app has the SDKs, but they're in the wrong place for GRASS to see them.  You need to dig into the Xcode app package Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs and copy the MacOSX10.6.sdk to /Developer/SDKs on your Mac.