[GRASS-user] mysql error on compiling grass70 source code

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sun Nov 11 14:09:48 PST 2012

On Monday 12 of November 2012 03:48:04 王德辉 wrote:
> Thank you  Nikos! I am sorry for deleting the right configure phrases. Yes
> "--with-mysql=yes --with-mysql-includes="/usr/include/mysql" " included.

Hi!  Please try to keep this discussion on-list.  Will potentially help others
as well.  How did you install mysql? Just curious.

I think the wiki misses some instructions about the "ld.so.conf" file. My
mistake.  I am puzzled a bit on how to introduce this exactly.  In addition, I
recently read that *Using LD_LIBRARY_PATH for this purpose is a complete hack,
and according to the linker gurus, this variable should be avoided.* [1]

Any suggestions?
Thanks, Nikos

[1] <http://prefetch.net/articles/linkers.badldlibrary.html>