[GRASS-user] Problems in adding tables to a map

Aldo Clerici aldo.clerici at unipr.it
Sat Nov 17 02:42:25 PST 2012

GRASS user,

I'm having some problem in connecting tables to a map.

This is the procedure (in order to simplify I used the same table but with
different names) :

g.copy vect=roads,roads1

g.copy vect=roads,roads2

The two tables are in the table list.

db.tables -p

v.db.connect map=roads1 table=roads2 layer=2

The connections seem ok:

v.db.connect -p map=roads1

Vector map <roads1 at esercizi> is connected by:

layer <1> table <roads1> in database
</home/clerici/GRASSdata/spearfish60/esercizi/dbf/> through driver <dbf>
with key <cat>

layer <2> table <roads2> in database
</home/clerici/GRASSdata/spearfish60/esercizi/dbf/> through driver <dbf>
with key <cat>

But:

d.mon x0

This displays the map with lines and labels

d.vect map=roads1 disp=shape,attr attrcol=label layer=1

This doesn't produce any output

d.erase

d.vect map=roads1 disp=shape,attr attrcol=label layer=2

I tried a check by producing the ASCII file with:

v.out.ascii in=roads1 form=standard

but  after each sequence of coordinates only layer 1  is reported

L  6 1

590744.10526028 4926835.64296535

590742.5374415 4926835.30309294

590624.60065406 4926810.04019906

590503.0158192 4926784.15943798

590383.85077876 4926762.55284068

590253.15645239 4926731.77335036

1     4

L  2 1

591497.07137115 4926772.322352

591667.99469283 4926778.18725746

1     4

Another check with:

v.extract in=roads1 out=roads_extr  layer=2 list=1-3

produces an empty map.

Did I miss something in the connection command?

Thanks

Aldo Clerici