[GRASS-user] Python Scripts

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 05:53:42 PST 2012

2012/11/19 Paul Shapley <p.shapley at gmail.com>:
> I'm trying to run a python script 'r.hazard.flood.py' in Grass 6.4.3RC1
> (WinXP). I'm not sure where the script should be placed within the grass
> installation so i can use the GUI 'File > Launch Script'. Should it be
> placed here:

you can place your script everywhere you want, eg.
`$HOME\grasscripts`. The dialog (`File->Launch script`) will add this
path to $GRASS_ADDON_PATH. Then the script should be callable from
GRASS.

> C:\Program Files\GRASS GIS 6.4.3RC1\Python27\Scripts
> or
> C:\Program Files\GRASS GIS 6.4.3RC1\etc\gui\scripts
> or somewhere else.

Normally the scripts are placed in $GISBASE\scripts. In GRASS 6.4 the
python scripts are not really fully supported. The normal user should
not touch the installation directory.

Putting the script into your home directory doesn't work?

Martin