[GRASS-user] Database advice

R.S. Bhalla rsbhalla at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 07:52:23 PST 2012

Dear list,
I go back and forth between GRASS and QGIS for a recent assignment. I'm
considering dumping all my GRASS vector attributes to the same table
created by SpatiaLite (my default vector back-end for QGIS) so that I
can query attributes easily, irrespective of GIS. My questions are:

 1. Will there be serious performance penalties for doing this?
 2. Is there a way to specify a single database, regardless of mapset,
    in GRASS or do I need to do this separately for each mapset?

I am presently keeping the databases separate and attaching them as
schemas for queries, which I figure is the "conventional" way of doing
things. However if I do so, I need to stick to front-ends which support
schemas.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Regards,
Ravi