[GRASS-user] Compiling under OSX Mountain Lion

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 03:15:42 PST 2012

Hi there,

So I updated from svn just to be sure, and tried again. If I use wxpython
2.9.3, I get a clean compile, no errors, but the gui won't run, with this
error:

Launching <wxpython> GUI in the background, please wait...
GRASS 7.0.svn (america_sul):~ >
/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/gui/wxpython/wxgui.py:54:
wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item 'InitAllImageHandlers'.
  wx.InitAllImageHandlers()
/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/gui/wxpython/gui_core/goutput.py:230:
wxPyDeprecationWarning: Call to deprecated item 'SetVirtualSizeHints'.
  outputSizer.SetVirtualSizeHints(self.panelOutput)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/gui/wxpython/mapdisp/mapwindow.py",
line 351, in OnPaint
    self.PrepareDC(dc)
AttributeError: 'BufferedWindow' object has no attribute 'PrepareDC'

Now if I use wxpython 2.8.12, I get some compiling errors, but the app runs
fine. These are the modules that don't compile:

Errors in:
/Volumes/HDD/Users/guano/Documents/installs/GIS/grass/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/animation
/Volumes/HDD/Users/guano/Documents/installs/GIS/grass/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/mapswipe
/Volumes/HDD/Users/guano/Documents/installs/GIS/grass/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/gmodeler
/Volumes/HDD/Users/guano/Documents/installs/GIS/grass/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/rlisetup
/Volumes/HDD/Users/guano/Documents/installs/GIS/grass/grass_trunk/visualization/xganim
/Volumes/HDD/Users/guano/Documents/installs/GIS/grass/grass_trunk/visualization/wximgview

But now I have a working GRASS7!

cheers

Carlos