[GRASS-user] Network Analysis in GRASS

Phil Donovan philiprogerdonovan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 01:10:30 PDT 2012

Kiaora GRASS!

I require a network tool which can calculate 'service areas'. I know
GRASS can currently do this but the specific problem I have is that I
need to do it for a very large dataset (400,000 locations). I tried
this with ArcGIS tool (sorry!) but it failed to 'solve' due to an
overloaded memory. Would the GRASS tool 'v.net.iso' be able to process
this without breaking?

If so, then great. If not, then I'm thinking I may have to build my
own tool using Python or C. If you have any suggestions in building  a
such as this then great because I need them!

Regards from NZ,
Phil Donovan