[GRASS-user] Rasterize polygons, multiple polygons per grid cell

Lars Dalby lars.dalby at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 10:19:09 PDT 2012

Micha Silver wrote
>     v.out.ascii grid92_centroids out=grid92_centroids.txt
>     columns="cat,water_surf_area,...<other data>..."
>     # Check the ascii file to see column positions

This returned this error message on my system: v.out.ascii(44851) malloc:
*** error for object 0x102013dc0: incorrect checksum for freed object -
object was probably modified after being freed.
Abort trap: 6

Unable to really figure what was going on here I started to look for
alternatives to solve this last step.

So I ended up skipping the export and simply doing:

v.to.rast input=VectorGrid output=glwdFinalRast use=attr
attrcolumn=water_surf_area

Where VectorGrid = grid92 in your example.
As far as I can see, this actually works!

Thank you very much for your help and for staying with me to the bitter end!

Best,
Lars