[GRASS-user] v.in.ascii error: bad type reading source file

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Fri Oct 5 12:41:18 PDT 2012

>   OK, I'll do that. I assumed that specifying both the x and y column
>numbers (starting with 1) and using the sequence of data types the order of
>the attributes did not matter. I guess that it does matter. Might be worth
>adding to the manual page.

hhhmm ... interesting, I've tried your original file example:

SC-100|41.42188333|-115.99418333
SC|42.30416667|-116.10600000

and following command (without specified cat - from the manual: Default: 0)

v.in.ascii -n input=C:\wd\inputcor.txt output=test4 columns=name
varchar(10), y double precision, x double precision x=3 y=2

and it works...

-----
best regards
Helmut