[GRASS-user] v.proj error: Mapset PERMANENT not found

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 8 09:19:12 PDT 2012

   Seems to me that a mapset named PERMANENT is created by default with each
new location. Having just run v.in.ascii to import a point file to the
location 'Nevada-LL' I tried to reproject it to the project location (as I
have done for other maps in that location). This attempt failed:

ERROR: Mapset <PERMANENT> in input location
        </home/rshepard/grassdata/Nevada-LL> not found

   Same error if I don't use the absolute path. How can this be?

Puzzled,

Rich