[GRASS-user] Clipping Very Large Vector Map

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 8 17:10:01 PDT 2012

On Mon, 8 Oct 2012, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Are there other modules, or ways of using v.overlay, that will allow me
> to trim off smaller chunks of the line file?

   If I create a new map of a box that is slightly smaller in are than the
large stream/river map, and use the 'not' operator with v.overlay, will this
be a quicker way of trimming off the lines external to the new box?

   If so, I can keep creating new boxes, each smaller than the last, and clip
the line map in smaller bites.

Rich