[GRASS-user] v.buffer and categories

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 08:13:39 PDT 2012

This is fixed only in GRASS 7, here, v.buffer can preserve attributes
in the output. Furthermore, v.buffer in GRASS 6 is not working well,
there are a number of known bugs.

Alternatively, you can delete categories with
v.category option=del cat=-1
followed by
v.category option=add cat=1

Each polygon will then have its own unique category.

HTH,

Markus M