[GRASS-user] Interactively Adding Polygon Attributes to Centroid

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Oct 10 07:52:41 PDT 2012

   A vector map of townships and ranges (part of the US Public Land Survey
System, PLSS) was poorly digitized. Some of the polygons lack attributes and
labels. They have a category number when I click on the centroid, but
there's no row in the associated attribute table for that polygon.

   I do not see a way to add the row to the displayed attribute table; nor
does it appear that v.category will allow me to add this information
interactively to those specific polygons that are lacking.

   If there is a module or way of using the display (in editing mode,
perhaps?) I would appreciate learning how to do this task.

Rich