[GRASS-user] d.vect_in_GRASS_7.0

Stuart Edwards sedwards2 at cinci.rr.com
Mon Oct 22 19:53:56 PDT 2012

Hi -

Working with GRASS 7.0 and 6.4 and having problems with d.vect in 7.0
In 6.4 reasonably predictable behavior occurs when selecting options from d.vect 'required' and 'label' screen.  In 7.0 with the same files, after v.build, performance is very erratic and in particular fails to recognize 'attrcolumn' option by not releasing 'name of column' in 'labels' tab when checked on the 'required' screen.  In fact, behavior is much as described in 'http://www.mail-archive.com/grass-dev@lists.osgeo.org/msg19006.html' which seemed to be fixed at that time.  Command line equivalent works fine.

When I click for "display selected attribute based on 'attrcolumn'   "    ......... display=shape,attr' is shown at the bottom of the dialog box.  At this point any vectors associated with this file disappear.  If the column name is inserted in the 'labels' screen manually - all works as it is supposed to.

As normal, not sure if this is me or GRASS but would like to help diagnose the problem.

GRASS 7.0 svn build 52280M
GRASS 6.4.3 svn build 50937M
OS X 10.6.8
'Barton binaries and KyngChaos frameworks'

thx

Stu