[GRASS-user] unable to include grass.h

SIVA RAMA KRISHNA s.r.kriishna at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 03:09:54 PDT 2012

Dear All,
              I am new to GRASS Development
              I  had build grass 6.4.2 on fedora16 in linux
 i wanted to execute the .c files present in grass  using terminal

[support at localhost grass-6.4.2]$ ls

[support at localhost grass-6.4.2]$ cd doc/vector
[support at localhost vector]$ ls
grass51atts.fig  grass51concept.fig  TODO         v.example
grass51atts.png  grass51concept.png  vector.html  v.modules.html
[support at localhost vector]$ cd v.example
[support at localhost v.example]$ ls
description.html  main.c  Makefile
[support at localhost v.example]$ gcc -o main main.c
main.c:22:23: fatal error: grass/gis.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

 I am not sure whether i can execute main.c from vector of grass

 i am unable use in the qt project
 any sort of help is greatly appricieted