[GRASS-user] r.watershed : "minimum size of exterior watershed basin"

laurent celati lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com
Thu Oct 25 04:11:56 PDT 2012

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday i tested Grass via SextanteFORQgis. There
was a bog during the process and i had a error message.

This morning i have tested Grass via Qgis and it's works well. I have 2
questions :

1/With Grass r.watershed i have to enter this following parameter : "minimum
size of exterior watershed basin" (without unit value). What criteria
determines the value to be enter? How to know this value ?

In my case, i 'm using SRTM 90m as DEM raster input.

2/According to you, what is the better tool  between r.watershed or Taudem
"StreamReach and watershed" ?

Thank you in advance.