[GRASS-user] [GRASS-windows] i.ortho.photo

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Oct 28 01:33:20 PDT 2012

Hi Lubica,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:11 PM, Cverckova, Lubica
<Lubica.Cverckova at hatchmott.com> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Thanks so much for replay. I have chosen (for now) your last option to install the Cygwin environment. I believe I have successfully installed the Cygwin but having trouble to install GRASS.  I  am using directions from http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/#icon and stuck at part 2: GRASS GIS installation. Upon adding the user URL  http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin I get the following error:
>
> "UNABLE TO GET
> http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/setup.ini.sig from <http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/>
> "
>
> Any ideas how to proceed further?

The reason is that we cannot generate the missing .sig file which only Cygwin
maintainers can do (thanks to Glynn for offlist explanations).
Hence, in the case that you encounter this error regarding missing .sig file,
supply the -X (--no-verify) command-line flag when using Cygwin's setup.exe

I have (hopefully) improved this step in
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/
--> Installation
  --> Part 2: GRASS GIS installation:
      --> Since we cannot offer a signature file ...

Best,
Markus