[GRASS-user] cnames with writeVect6 of spgrass

Patrick S. patrick_GIS at gmx.ch
Mon Oct 29 04:55:05 PDT 2012

Dear GRASS-Users and Developers,

I am trying to create a point layer of a table I got in R, which
includes coordinates. To avoid the truncated columnnames I would like to
use th cnames-option of v.in.ogr-- something as:

writeVECT6(d.points, parameters=list(vname='v_comparis_data',
cnames=names(d.points)), v.in.ogr_flags=c('o','overwrite'))

But somhow I can't manage to submit any other options then the flags.
Does anybody know whether the "cnames"-parameter can be used with
writeVECT6 of spgrass-package in R?

Any help or hint would be very much appreciated!

Patrick