[GRASS-user] Unable to locate Curses Includes

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Wed Oct 31 07:56:51 PDT 2012

Great thanks Madi - I'd used that approach for the two earlier errors when running this command but couldn't find a package relating to curses in my search for unintalled packages (probably due to the curses but being surrounded by other letters!)

Incedentally non-of the add-ons are working through the gui - I know this is a freqently reported problem to which the only guaranteed solution (after scouring the mailing list and trying solutions posted here http://planetflux.adamwilson.us/2012/02/installing-grass-extensions-on-ubuntu.html and http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.user/43974) appears to be to compile from source.

...I wanted large file support anyway so I was just being lazy to only use the Ubuntu:GIS repository version :)

cheers!
Rebecca