[GRASS-user] New AddOns for Analyzing landscape connectivity based on graph-theory - the r.connectivity.*-toolchain

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Fri Sep 21 00:37:09 PDT 2012

Hi again

Now I added som bugfixes for the issues Helmut came across.

A and B are changed in the manual.

For issue C (unary operator expected) it was too simple to blame
Microsoft... (Sorry for that, Bill.) And it was no problem with v.extract
either. Actually, it was my fault, because I tried to catch the number of
centroids from the secondary output of v.extract using grep. But due to
translation, centroids are not allways called "centroids", so grep did not
find anything on my german system... Now I use v.info for that. This means
an extra command in the loop but it should work now (independend from
language settings).

The R-path issue is tackled (for the time being) by adjusting the error
message until a more general solution is found... In other words, users have
to add the path to R into their environment settings (if that has not been
done before) in order to make the AddOn usable.
R can be installed where so ever on the system, so looking for R is not too
easy (or fast)...

Furthermore a requirement section is added to the manual of
r.connectivity.network.

Cheers
Stefan

By the way:
a) Does anyone know if xargs also works with wingrass? Alternatives?
b) Hints for a convenient parallel processing solution in R which also works
on Windows (alternative or in addition to multicore and doMC on Linux) would
be most welcome...