[GRASS-user] Rasterize polygons, multiple polygons per grid cell

Lars Dalby lars.dalby at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 15:32:02 PDT 2012

Micha Silver wrote
>     Can you copy/paste your exact command? I think there should not be
>     any space between 'coor' and '='.

Sure, but as I run them from R, they look a bit different that when run from
command line GRASS.

execGRASS('v.mkgrid', parameters = list(map = 'VectorGrid', position =
'coor', coor = '-6358820,-17367529', grid = '142,360', box =
'96486.28169014, 96486.28055556'))

What happens here is that the list() command will make a list with 5 slots
in this case. It looks like this:

$map
[1] "VectorGrid"

$position
[1] "coor"

$coor
[1] "-6358820,-17367529"

$grid
[1] "142,360"

$box
[1] "96486.28169014, 96486.28055556"

So it will not make any difference to what is being send to GRASS if I have
blank spaces between '=' and the values. R ignores these when making the
list. I am afraid that the problem doesn't lie here.

Do you think it could be related to the GRASS version I am running? (I am
using 7.0)

-Lars