[GRASS-user] Question about layers and categories

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Fri Apr 5 03:03:42 PDT 2013

Hello Mortiz,
your reply helped me much. Removing/Reassigning layers is a matter of
several steps :
-drop previous layer definition, optionally drop related table;
-delete unused layer categories;
-change remaining categories layer assignment (it is the step I
misunderstood till then );
-define new layer.

This operation is perhaps not so "exotic" considering the wxGUI update
attribute issue.

> cf [1], but also [2]

Sorry, I neglected to watch for open tickets.

> Which version of GRASS are you working in ?

GRASS version:
6.4.3svn
GRASS SVN Revision:
55280
GIS Library Revision: 50937
(2012-02-25)
GDAL/OGR:
1.8.1
PROJ4: Rel. 4.7.1, 23 September
2009
Python:
2.6.6
wxPython:
2.8.10.1
Platform: Linux-2.6.32-5-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-6.0.7

VB.