[GRASS-user] Confusing warning message in GRASS 7 when using g.remove

Rainer M. Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Mon Apr 8 07:35:59 PDT 2013

Hi

I am using GRASS 7 and I get the following confusing warning message

  Removing raster <ACyclops_ageClass_2006 at asmDrak>
  WARNING: 'cell/ACyclops_ageClass_2006' was found in more mapsets (also
           found in <asmDrak.2006>)
  WARNING: Using <ACyclops_ageClass_2006 at asmDrak>

when I want to remove a raster map which is in the mapset asmDrak as
well as asmDrak.2006.

I am in mapset asmDrak and issue

  g.remove rast=ACyclops_ageClass_2006 at asmDrak

The warning would be fine if I would not have specified the mapset with
@asmDrak but as I have specified it, I would have expected no warning,
as with the layer name ACyclops_ageClass_2006 at asmDrak I have obviously
refered to the one in asmDrak?

Am I missing something here, or is the warning missleading / wrong?

Cheers,

Rainer

Stellenbosch University
South Africa