[GRASS-user] installing add-ons for GRASS 6.4.2 on Ubuntu fails

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 03:32:23 PDT 2013

Hi,
I've never installed add-ons throught the WxPython GUI.
I need to use the v.mkhexgrid [1], but the process fails because at some
stage (Rules.make) it tries to create/write into /usr/lib/bin folder (very
strange).
Clearly there's something wrong. I've read various past emails which report
similar problems.

Questions:

 - how to fix it? I've tried the suggested patch from Hamish [2], but I
can't find the add-on in the GUI menus
 - is it possible to install an add-on manually? Does it require to pass
the entire Make process?

I've installed GRASS from the ubuntugis lunchpad repositories.

giovanni

[1] http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6/vector/v.mkhexgrid/
[2]
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Problem-in-install-Extensions-from-addons-td5034042.html