[GRASS-user] speeding up v.clean for large datasets

Mark Wynter mark at dimensionaledge.com
Mon Apr 22 02:03:52 PDT 2013

Thanks Marcus.
Tried sqlite backend suggestion - no improvement  - then read that that sqlite is the default backend for grass7.
I suspect the complexity of the input dataset may be the contributing factor. For example, I ran v.clean over the already cleaned OSM dataset (2.6M lines), and it took only a few minutes since there were no intersections and no duplicates to remove.