[GRASS-user] r.sun use - automaticcaly stopped process ?

simogeo simon.georget at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 09:39:32 PDT 2013

Me again,

As said before, I use Ubuntu 12.04 in 64bits.The  wikipage
<http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Large_raster_data_processing>   mentions
only memory usage limits for 32bits system. After your first reply Markus, I
thought the 2^31 memory limit would  also maybe affect 64 bits systems.

I've installed then GRASS7.0 (from ubuntugis-testing PPA) since LFS is
enabled natively. But I've made some tests on the same raster file getting
exactly the same issue as result.

With res=5 or res=1 it's working well but with the raster resolution (0.2)
the process is killed again.

How can I be sure to have LFS enabled? I added swap space (2Gb) to my
partition as described on the  wiki
<http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Memory_issues>   and tried again, but the
issue still there.

Did I miss or missunderstand something? Thanks.