[GRASS-user] speeding up v.clean for large datasets

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 03:48:26 PDT 2013

2013/4/26 Markus Metz <markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM, Mark Wynter <mark at dimensionaledge.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Markus for the explanation.  I've set PostGIS as my backend.  Will revert as I get more into v.net
>
> Oops. Direct PostGIS is 1) experimental, 2) slow. For vector

right, currently it's very slow, working on improvements. The code is
in trunk, I will announce the native PostGIS support when it will be
ready for testing (roadmap is for July, unfortunately till June I need
to focus on other important task). In any case partial speed-up (for
random access and building areas for boundaries) should be committed
to trunk with few days.

Martin