[GRASS-user] Filtering high "outliers" in Landsat reflectance imagery?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Aug 4 18:45:28 PDT 2013

Eric Goddard wrote:

> OK, I discovered what was different between my work and home machines.
> The mapcalc if statement doesn't evaluate properly if using
> r.external.out. If r.external isn't used, it evaluates correctly. Bug?

Yes. A bug was introduced in r38127 which (by sheer coincidence) only
affects floating-point GDAL output (and primarily affects
double-precision GDAL output). For FCELL, zeros will be mapped to
null; for DCELL, any value where the bottom 32 bits are zero (which
includes all small integers) will be mapped to null.

This should be fixed by r57414.