[GRASS-user] upload long lat coordinates to attribute table

Michel Wortmann wortmann at pik-potsdam.de
Tue Aug 6 07:11:14 PDT 2013

Hi Pierluigi,
you'll first have to reproject your vector map into the lonlat, i.e. a
geographic projection. Then you can upload the long lat values to your
vector table. You'll first have to add two fields to your table
(v.db.addcol). You can then reproject it back to your original
location/projection or just swap the database file over if you are using
dbf.
Hope that helps,
Michel