[GRASS-user] access denied to MAPSET in linux

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Aug 7 12:15:33 PDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM, António Rocha
<antonio.rocha at deimos.com.pt> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I'm tryging to access a Location/mapset located in a folder (where I have
> write/execute/read permission) but the mapset and location were not created
> by me. When I run grass I get permission denied.

... yes, when you try to use that mapset directly. See also:
http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Location_and_Mapsets

> How can I get access or how
> can the original user of the mapset can give access permission to other
> users?

You can create your own mapset in that location and add the other
user's mapset to your search path with g.mapsets. Note that
g.mapsets -s
offers a graphical selector for all available mapsets in a location.

hope this helps
Markus