[GRASS-user] Help installing r.stream*

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Wed Aug 14 02:41:13 PDT 2013

 > running g.extension has no effect.

what is the exact issue?

> It looks like I would have to download and compile them on my system
> (somehow).

no self compiling needed, in winGRASS the addons are precompiled.

tested here with

GRASS Version: 6.4.3
GRASS SVN Revision:
GIS Library Revision: 50937 (2012-02-25)
GDAL/OGR: GDAL 1.9.2, released 2012/10/08
PROJ4: Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March 2012
Python: 2.7.4
wxPython: 2.8.12.1
Platform: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 (OSGeo4W)

g.extension -l svnurl=http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6
Fetching list of modules from GRASS-Addons SVN (be patient)...
d.anaglyph
[...]
r.stream.angle
r.stream.basins
r.stream.del
r.stream.distance
r.stream.extract
r.stream.order
r.stream.pos
r.stream.preview
r.stream.stats
[...]

the precompiled addons are there.

try on your computer

g.extension --verbose extension=r.stream.extract
svnurl=http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons/grass6

and report back what it says

>Running GRASS 6.4 on Windows7

which version exactly?

the latest stable is GRASS Version: 6.4.3

osgeo4w-winGRASS or winGRASS-standalone installer?

-----
best regards
Helmut