[GRASS-user] SRTM r.watershed at multiple scales

jencor808 jencor808 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 09:51:33 PDT 2013

Hello all~

I'm working with SRTM data and trying to produce watershed maps in Honduras.
For most of the country, the threshold seems to work great at 100000, but
this is not the case on the shore - those watersheds are neglected likely
due to their smaller scale. Does anyone have experience merging multiple
scales? Does this make sense? I'd rather not reduce my threshold or the
whole country because those watersheds seem too small.

As an aside, what do people think about using SRTM for watershed mapping in
the first place - given it is a surface model and not a DEM.