[GRASS-user] Unable to start Grass with North Carolina dataset

Tahir Tamba tahir.tamba at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 19:15:21 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm getting an error messsge when I'm trying to use the North carolina
datatset which has been decompressed into the grassdata directory which
holds the nc_spm_08 dataset. All the permissions have been granted to that
directory, but when I select my mapset within Grass data management system
i 've got the following error message:

*Starting GRASS ...*
> */home/ttamba/grassdata/nc_spm_08/landsat/.gislock: Permission denied*
> *ERREUR :/usr/lib/grass64/etc/lock:*
> *Unable to properly access
> /home/ttamba/grassdata/nc_spm_08/landsat/.gislock*
> *Please notify system personel.*

I'm using Ubuntu 13.10 saucy.

Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Thanks .