[GRASS-user] Grass sqlite errors on OSX

knussear knussear at mac.com
Wed Dec 18 15:23:49 PST 2013

I'm recently having problems with new installs - and I have tried fresh
binaries from kyngchaos and Michael Bartons sites, both on 10.9.1 and 10.8.5
on two different machines, I've also tried 6.4 on 10.8.5 and the new grass 7
on 10.9.1 with the same result. I'm getting errors connecting to my sqlite
databases, and i wonder if anyone could recommend a fix that might get
things working again.

I'm getting errors that look like this:

6.4
DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Unable to open database: unable to open database file

GRASS_INFO_WARNING(16566,1): Unable to open database <cat
/Volumes/Tao/GIS/grassdata/Mojave/PERMANENT/sqlite.db> by driver <sqlite>
GRASS_INFO_END(16566,1)

GRASS 7.0.svn (Mojave):~ >
GRASS_INFO_ERROR(10010,1): Unable to create directory 'cat
/Users/knussear/GIS/grassdata/Mojave/PERMANENT' for sqlite database
GRASS_INFO_END(10010,1)
dbmi: Protocol error

GRASS_INFO_WARNING(10009,1): Unable to open database <cat
/Users/knussear/GIS/grassdata/Mojave/PERMANENT/sqlite.db> by driver <sqlite>
GRASS_INFO_END(10009,1)

I would very much appreciate any advice you have....

Thanks

Ken