[GRASS-user] Count points in a network between two locations

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 4 07:41:48 PST 2013

On 04/02/13 16:07, Markus Metz wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Moritz Lennert

>> Now I get a segfault. gdb full backtrace and DEBUG=3 log attached. Do you
>> need something else ?
>
> Should be fixed in r54897.

The module runs now and very fast, but weirdly enough I cannot display
the category values in the resulting map. Using wxgui, I get

The command 'd.vect map=allpairs at user1 type=point,line,area,face
display=shape,cat' has failed

The same for

d.vect map=allpairs at user1 layer=1 type=line display=shape,cat

Trying to run this on the command line:

d.mon cairo
d.vect map=allpairs at user1 layer=1 type=line display=shape,cat

Gives me a seg fault at

Debug=3:
D3/3: cat lab: field = 1, cat = 1121
D3/3: Vect_read_next_line(): next_line = 53
D3/3: V2_read_next_line_nat()
D3/3: Vect__Read_line_nat: offset = 95566
D3/3:     type = 2, do_cats = 1 dead = 0
D3/3:     n_cats = 96
D3/3:     n_points = 41
Erreur de segmentation

gdb:
dig_alloc_points (points=0x313231, num=42) at struct_alloc.c:338
338	    alloced = points->alloc_points;

Looking at the map I do get out of the operation (attached) I would
think that the list of cats for a given segment might just be too
long... I guess my idea was maybe not so wise and your original
implementation was actually better.

 > Sprinting a bit fast,

Hey, that's what sprints are for, no ? I'd call this "agile" programming ;-)

Moritz