[GRASS-user] Grass Installation on mac - not working

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Thu Feb 7 07:00:18 PST 2013

Hello Erika

I would also agree with Hermann about starting with QGIS to view your
files and work with them, but as I have recently discovered when setting up my labs, the plugins for QGIS on Mac have a lot of dependencies that are not included in the repo version, so follow the instructions here
carefully downloading all the extra packages first
http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/qgis

GRASS and QGIS interface pretty nicely - I have a couple of QGIS / GRASS labs on my website that might help get you started (although they are
specifically designed for archaeology students)

http://www.pushingthesensors.com/teaching-materials/

Good luck!
Rebecca

Rebecca BennettPostdoctoral Associate, Duke University