[GRASS-user] R.denoise

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Sat Feb 9 01:31:27 PST 2013

Garcia Prieto wrote:

> After same struggle I managed to start r.denoise, but I received this
> strange message. any idea?

> (Thu Feb  7 18:59:04 2013)
> r.denoise --verbose input=MDE_EM_UTM_WGS84 at PERMANENT
> output=Denoised_MDE_EM_UTM_WGS84 Exporting points...

[..]

Not sure -- maybe the above instructions are not enough.  Please have a look
at the thread which Helmut K pointed (other post), and in the manual:

--%<---
NOTES

r.denoise works with a cartesian coordinate system. Thus data in geographic
(lat-long) coordinates require projection during processing. The script is
able to do this if the EPSG code of a suitable coordinate system is provided.
--->%--

As from the data names, they seem to projected in UTM.  It should work!  Maybe
specify, in addition an "epsg=EPSGofSomeProjection" for the region/country in
which you are working on?

Ah, and don't forget: RAM capacity of your system is, I guess, critical.

Please, let us know how it works.
Thank you, Nikos