[GRASS-user] About the custom CSS for GRASS-Wiki

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Tue Feb 12 13:34:28 PST 2013

Dear all,

-- sorry for cross-posting --

(and with some special weighting towards the GRASS-Wiki admins Markus Neteler
and Martin Landa)

I am working with Heracles Papatheodorou on the new proposed CSS for the Wiki.
Heracles has reached a fairly functional state of the CSS. He has done a Great
work, something polished!

Removing inline CSS code, for example from several Templates, and using
classes reduces, actually the effort to work further on the Wiki's styling.

Please, have a look at it!

"Ctrl + Shift + K" in Firefox, copy-paste the following:

javascript:(function ccss(){var head_id=document.getElementsByTagName('head')
[0];var
css_e=document.createElement('link');css_e.type='text/css';css_e.rel='stylesheet';css_e.href=prompt('Enter
URL to .css','https://dl.dropbox.com/u/168581/grass-
wiki.css');head_id.appendChild(css_e);})()

What do you think?  If you like it, can we switch over?
We could add it as an additional CSS, select it as default (in case, of
course, the majority agrees) and always have the option for alternative
"appearances".

Looking forward for your responses :-)
Best, Nikos