[GRASS-user] getting the current location name

Rebecca Stedham rlstedham at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 13 07:31:47 PST 2013

Hi there,

I am trying to 'get' the current grass location, set it to a variable such that I can then use it in a python script.  Currently I have managed to print the current location to the command terminal screen using:

grass.run_command('g.gisenv', get = 'LOCATION_NAME')

I have now become stuck. Would anyone be able to recommend to me a way to assign a variable to it???
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Becky