[GRASS-user] Mapcalc for rounding float values

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:16:44 PST 2013

Dear GRASS-Users,

I have a map of local elevation that I would like to alter the values of and re-class as a experiment to aid visualisation & interpretation.

1) Currently the cells are floating point with z-values like 0.0151666768416021 - I would like to do is round the elevation values to 2dp.

2) I also like to reclassify the resulting map into 5cm wide elevation ranges (reflecting the accuracy of the original data capture) e.g. 0-4.90cm, 5-9.90cm etc

I suspect both operations can be done with mapcalc but having read the manual am not sure where to start (especially with the first task).

Any pointers gratefully received, many thanks for reading,

Rebecca Bennett

Postdoctoral Associate, Wired! Group
Duke University, Durham, NC