[GRASS-user] reclassed raster no longer showing up

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Feb 22 13:54:29 PST 2013

Stephen Sefick wrote:

> I have reclassed a raster with the rules
>
> 1=115
> 2=115
>
> and it no longer shows up...  qgis will display the raster, but not in
> grass.

That is weird!  Usually it is Quantum that doesn't read, for whatsoever might
be the reason, some GRASS raster color tables.

You did check the classics, right?

- g.region rast=YourMap
- range of both the base- & the reclassed maps (r.info -r)
- remove color rules (-r) and re-assign?

> Is there a color table that I should use?  Or some other problem?

What is the name of your map?  Can you find the corresponding color rules file
(inside the "colr" directory?)?  What does it contain?

Best, Nikos