[GRASS-user] Interpolate a huge time-series with looping

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Fri Feb 22 15:51:21 PST 2013

Marcello -

That's not so hard. In Grass-GIS 6.4 (the version I'm on ATM) the
general form would be:

for i in `echo "select distinct id from rainfall_time_series" |
db.select -c`; do
## get year / month / day to use in output map name
year=`echo "select year from rainfall_time_series where id=$i" |
db.select -c`;
month=`echo "select month from rainfall_time_series where id=$i" |
db.select -c`;
day=`echo "select day from rainfall_time_series where id=$i" | db.select
-c`;
outmap="map_"$year"_"$month"_"$day";
## then run your command
<command> input=rainfall_time_series output=$outmap;
done

That will step through each entry in the table.

If you're on a different version, check the db.select command format - I
think it changed in Grass-GIS 7.0?

Cheers,
Richard Chirgwin