[GRASS-user] Bar in ps.map

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Feb 23 17:11:24 PST 2013

On 22/02/13 15:07, Martin Album Ytre-Eide wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> is it possible to bars in ps.map - like you would do in v.thematic.chart ?

AFAIK, the only way currently possible is to create your bar charts
separately as eps files and to include them into your ps.map call using
the eps parameter in the vpoints command. If you need to create
different bar charts at different points in the map, you can give the
eps files the cat number of points as filename and then use $ in the eps
parameter.

Attached you can see an example of such a map. I used R to create the
bar charts automatically one for each polygon centroid, with filenames
containing the cat numbers, and then vpoints with 'eps' and '$' in
ps.map to create the map.

I thought I had kept the scripts somewhere (but this was years ago), but
can't seem to put my hands on them.

Moritz