[GRASS-user] v.select query and GEOS error?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 00:02:40 PST 2013

Markus N wrote:
> ... or just contact the maintainer of the Ubuntu package.

that doesn't fix it upstream. for the most part, all the Ubuntu
packages actually are is just the Debian source package(s) taken
from debian's testing every 6 months and automatically rebuilt
using ubuntu's toolchain. It's an en masse package scrape.

In that sense, Frankie and me _are_ the Ubuntu maintainers, albeit
in a removed way. For the UbuntuGIS ppa I don't know if Alan is
doing anything besides pressing the "go" button to rebuild from
the latest Debian sources, or if there is any manual tweaking
going on besides the slight library package name variations due
to library transition timing? I don't know.

adding GEOS as a build dependency to GRASS is something worth
discussing on-the-record with the other DebianGIS devs and other
DDs who follow along, since GEOS is often acting to keep other
packages from leaving Debian/unstable, causing a big log jam,
and grass would become a victim of that. Hence I suggest if
support for GEOS is desired in the official debian/ubuntu
/mint/etc. packages, that a wish report be filed for it at
b.d.o.

cheers,
Hamish